Friday, April 17, 2015

Color Wheel Star

Just a quick finish on a previous posting.  I had thought about making more of these blocks but decided it would make a nice wall quilt instead.  This is a pattern from Camille Roskelley's Simplify book.  Her version is all over scrappy, but I went in color order instead.  I used some yellow variegated Aurifil thread and echo quilted three times around the star and then used 1/2 inch straight line quilting coming out around.  I used my walking foot for the quilting. This is a great pattern for scraps. 


Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and My Quilt Infatuation NTT

4 comments:

  1. This is really nice. I love how you used both large scale and small scale prints. It was brilliant to do a color order piecing. I like how you quilted it as well. I'm going to pin this to my mini quilts board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous! I like the fabrics you chose, they all sit together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely mini quilt. I'm drawn to rainbow scrappy blocks and this would make a great quilt in any size. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to make a rainbow

    ReplyDelete