Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sew the Library - Simply Retro

Snow Day!  I was able to work on my color wheel star mini quilt today since we are snowed in.  I have been wanting to make this wall hanging quilt as soon as I saw it in Simply Retro by Camille Roskelley.  I love her scrappy version, but I decided to do my scrappy version in a color wheel scheme.  Every time I see a project with the color wheel on a neutral background I add it to my to do list - so here was my opportunity!  I subscribe to the fresh cut bundle from Sew Amelia's Garden and receive a set of 4 half yards and an Aurifil thread in a different colorway each month.  I've been saving the scraps from those bundles and I was able to use a lot of them in this project. 


I really love how this came out so I've decided to leave it unfinished right now...maybe I'll make a few more and it will turn into something else. 

I'm linking up with Sew the Library over at Fabric Mutt

5 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! It must be fun to get the new fabrics and thread each month. What a good way to use up the scraps:). We were "snowed in" too today, but a 1/4 inch hardly qualifies for snow. The school system thought otherwise so everyone was home today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love the colour wheel set in white. It really makes the colours pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, this is gorgeous!! I love the way you mixed in all those colors. Wouldn't it make a fabulous pillow cover? I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love the pop of colors off the white! Snow days are perfect for sewing!

    ReplyDelete