Saturday, January 30, 2021

Elizabeth's Dowry Quilt Progress

I've been having fun making the patchwork components of my Elizabeth's Dowry quilt kit, designed by Karen Styles of Somerset Patchwork.  Here's where I was at the beginning of the month.  I had a few extra squares leftover and now I realize I've missed putting them on two of the square strips!  No worries, an easy fix.  

I have been intentional about the placement of fabrics so that the same fabric doesn't appear too close to itself.  Sometimes a scrappy look needs to be quite planned and I think it's worth having to rip a few seams and re-sew in order to get it the way you want.  The fabrics also have different values, such as between the light pink stripe and the black stripe, so I tried to balance that a bit.  What's your experience on the scrappy quilting front?  

My January OMG with Elm Street Quits was to finish the flying geese, which I have successfully done.  I am really enjoying making this quilt and would love to be able to finish the top in the next month as the remainder of the sewing is mostly attaching border strips.  


Check out the goal finishes at Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal - January Finish Link-up.  




1 comment:

  1. gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete