Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Interlock...Ready, Set, Go!

I'm excited to get to WIP Wednesday this week!  I've had a quilt in mind for a while now, actually since last November when I stopped by During Quiet Time and saw Amy Friend's Interlock quilt.  I loved the design and I also loved the fabric she used, Persimmon by Basic Grey for Moda.

The pattern was in the Winter 2015 issue of modern patchwork, so I picked that up right away. Luckily (or unluckily for Interlock) there were other great patterns in that issue and I wound up getting distracted and making this quilt.

Fast forward to last week and I finally decided it was time to get started on Interlock...

















Yes, this is two Jelly Rolls I'm cutting.  I've worked out new cutting instructions because I am going for broke on this one and aiming to make myself a new king sized bed quilt for my husband and I. Wish me luck!

BTW - You can now get the pattern individually on Amy's website if you are interested.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social.


1 comment:

  1. Those are some gorgeous strips you are cutting into, Judy! This is going to be one great big beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete