Friday, March 9, 2018

Delilah Quilt - Block 12

This is the final block for the Delilah Quilt and it's called Black Cockatoo.  This block was so easy compared to all of the other months.  The cutting did not require any reverses, the pieces were a good size, no curves, no y-seams, no seams to line up... the hardest part was picking the fabrics!


Kept this kind of simple, but I did use a few different fabric placements.  Some have all the same background, some have two different backgrounds which creates a little bit of a pinwheel effect.  On some I made it look like four different triangles with two on top and two underneath.  For others, I used the same fabric for each template piece.  It's always fun to see how you can make each block look different depending on how you decide on your fabrics and placement.










My next step for this project is to decide what blocks should go where within the placement layout that was provided in the pattern.  I have a few main color groups in my blocks so I'm going to start with a layout that keeps them grouped together and see how that looks.  Even though the original Jen Kingwell design is super scrappy, I'm going to try to dial it down a bit.  Wish me luck!  

You can see all of my blocks along with a few helpful tutorials for machine piecing on my Delilah page.  Also check out more great Delilah inspiration here

Linking up with Busy Hands Quilts and Sew Fresh Quilts.  

4 comments:

  1. Where is your blog about Modern Plus Quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I buy block 12 ?? thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Search for Black Cockatoo Tempters Acrylic Template Set. Look on Etsy or Fat Quarter Shop.

      Delete