Sunday, August 12, 2018

August Happenings...

Time is always flying by, and this summer has been no different.  I was lucky to have a week off for vacation, and spent some quality time locally with my family, and my sewing machine!  I was able to finish my Carnival quilt top and put together the back, which included a fun strip of coordinating charm squares.





I pulled out my Anna Maria Horner scrappy trip blocks, got them back on my design wall and sewed those together.  Can you believe these were in a drawer since 2016?  Glad to have them sewn up.  Here's a sneak peak below.



Went deep in my fabric bins and pulled out a small quilt I made several years ago that I was going to write a pattern for.  Realized I have no time or desire for doing that and finally put together the back for it so it could be quilted.  Used one of my favorite Kate Spain lines, Sunnyside.

Next, I went crazy and cut and sewed the Anna Maria Horner Sweet Dreams Rainbow Blur quilt that I've been itching to make for a few months.  It was soooo much fun to see these amazing fabrics come together on the design wall, the colors are wonderful.  This was such an easy but satisfying quilt to put together.  I really enjoyed making this one.



So, in all, four quilts went off to the quilter, and I'll have plenty of binding to do in short order.  Feels really good to make some progress with my projects.  Some of these are on my Quarter 3 Finish-A-Long list and I'll be really happy if I get one of them fully finished by the quarter end. 

How's your summer (or winter!) going and what is everyone working on?

In September I'll be participating in the 2018 Quilters Meet & Greet, which will go live on September 4th, hope to see you back here then!  To find out more about the event and the fabulous grand prize visit here.


Linking at Design Wall MondaysFinished or not Friday , and Main Crush Monday

5 comments:

  1. I love the scrappiness of your quilts (I have a hard time with that!) Congratulations on sending 4 quilts to the quilter ~ can't wait to see them once they come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were really productive! You have some great finishes, and all that AMH fabric is making me drool. LOL Looking forward to seeing the quilts come back from your quilter! Thanks for sharing on MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's quite a lot of progress in a short time! I like the triangles the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing all of your projects!Yummy fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super productive work! Well done. I am loving all the Anna Maria Horner, must find me some!

    ReplyDelete