Sunday, May 5, 2019

Carnival Quilt

Long time, no finish...but here's a nice one!  I started this quilt in January 2018 and finished up this past fall and then waited to gift it this past December.  This is the Carnival Quilt and it was designed by Ashely from Film in the Fridge.  She has a few versions of this quilt on her website with different fabrics.  This one was a kit that used Lotta Jansdotter prints.  I love the combination of prints and solids in this quilt.



I had the quilt machine quilted by Allison at AB Quilting Studio.  I really like the geometric pattern with the triangles.  It adds a beautiful texture to the quilt.  I also used this on a two color quilt you can see here.


And there was room for some extra square patchwork on the back.  






Linking with Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty and May Favorite Finish Linkup with Meadow Mist Designs.  


11 comments:

  1. Every time I see a gorgeous triangle quilt like yours, I want to make one! One of these days I'll get around to it. Love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one very cool triangle quilt! I love how colourful it is; great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice quilt! Great job designing and piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much! Excellent use of the Lotta fabrics and solids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I think the quilting design is spot-on. If I make a quilt with lots of rigid angles, I tend to opt for a quilting design with softer edges (usually florals). But this is a great example of how a geometric quilting design can complement a geometric piecing design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a generous gift!! Any thoughts of making another for yourself? :o))

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt is a beauty! I dearly love the tall triangles, and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashley's quilts are so inspiring. You did a beautiful job with this one. I like your quilting decision, too. Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilt! A great pattern and a beautiful fabric pull for it. Enjoy your finish! PS: Great backing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful triangle quilt, I love the combination of all of the different prints.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great quilt, Judy! Love the triangles, the prints and the quilting design combo!!!

    ReplyDelete