Monday, December 30, 2019

Rainbow Blur Quilt

Welcome back!  I know these posts have been few and far between, so thank you for visiting or visiting again if you've been here before.  I continue to be occupied with graduate studies and am happy to fit in any sewing or quilting possible. 


This quilt is a free pattern from Anna Maria Horner and Free Spirit called Rainbow Blur.  It is an easy quilt to put together with the large blocks of fabric.  I love this Sweet Dreams line, the large Source Code print in navy is spectacular.  Even though it is a large scale print I used it for the binding.  Lately I've been using these types of dark colored floral prints for binding as a nice frame around the quilt. 



The backing is another Anna Maria Horner 108 inch wide fabric, Halos. 



The edge to edge quilting is by AB Quilting Studio in the Fandango pattern that has a pretty fan with a heart in the center.  It really shines on the darker fabrics. 



I recently gifted this to my niece to use on her twin bed, it's perfect for a teenager.  There's another smaller version of this quilt coming soon...stay tuned. 

Linking up with From Bolt to Beauty


2 comments:

  1. I love this! Thank you for sharing the pattern. I am always on the lookout for a pattern that is kind to large print fabrics. Have a Happy New Year and good luck with your studies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Judy! This is a lovely quilt; I haven't used prints like these so it is good to see what can be done with them. Good luck with your studies!

    ReplyDelete