I had received a few cuts of fall fabric in a mystery box I had purchased a few months ago. I wouldn't have picked these fabrics myself because they are a little too traditional for my taste, but they really worked out well. For the design I went with my favorite tried and true disappearing nine patch (4" squares) and added two sets of borders (2" each). I used an envelope back and for the first time I put a binding on a pillow. I love how the binding turned out, it really makes the pillow and was worth the extra time for hand stitching. I don't think I'll do a pillow again without it. The pillow fit a 14 x14 form.
I also practiced my FMQ stipple with this project. I wanted to do a trial run for another lap quilt I have basted and ready to quilt...more to follow in another post.