Friday, April 1, 2016

Bluebird Park Quilt

One of my favorite patterns is the disappearing nine patch, it has so many great variations.  The original pattern is pretty scrappy, but if you are like me and enjoy a little more order you can really coax some beauties out of such a simple technique.  If you haven't tried a disappearing nine patch yet, I highly recommend it, you'll be hooked!

Here's my recent finish of a disappearing nine patch, where I used a solid color center and then turned the cut blocks so that the four smaller centers would be the outside corners of the new block.  For this quilt I also decided to separate the individual blocks with sashing.




The fabric is Bluebird Park from Kate and Birdie Paper Co.  How cute are these hedgehogs!






Check out this post for another variation I made, and check out my pinterest board for even more inspiration.  I love this tutorial for a Mondernized D9P from Kristy at St. Louis Folk Victorian.  Kristy's version is definitely on my to do list, and will hopefully put a dent in my charm pack stash!

What pattern inspires you?

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts.  This is also a finish for my Quarter 1 Finish-A-Long!
Quilting by AB Quilting Studio.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt, and what a gorgeous FMQ design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have to do one of these - a disappearing nine-patch has been on my radar for a while! It looks fantastic, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so pretty! Did you do the quilting yourself? Hope to see it in person soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the quilting on this! It is so cute! And I love how you arranged your disappearing nine patch! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of Kate and Birdie, too! This is the perfect way to display K&B designs -- the big chunks of a D9P allow the flowers, hedgehogs, and bicycles to stay nice and intact. Well done! (P.S. I don't think I've quilted any quilt top without a good bit of white in it. Your palette has turned my world upside down!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great pattern for those pretty fabrics! Love your choice for the sashing and the quilting just makes this!

    ReplyDelete