Friday, September 4, 2015

Botanique Table Runner

This was a quick project for a friend from work who just bought a new house. Her house is very pretty and I knew that she purchased a blue couch for the living room which is open to the dining/kitchen.  This runner matched perfectly and she later told me it was Syracuse University colors, so that was a bonus!

I used Joel Dewberry's Botanique collection and cut five inch squares.  I quilted it on either side of the seams to make a grid.  For the binding I used a Lotta Jansdotter print from Joann. I like how it made a nice pattern on the edges.  I went for an ordered layout instead of random patchwork which really helped the design because the prints are bold.  Check out this post to see the other colorway from this fabric collection. 

Hope everyone who went back to school/work had a great week!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts.



3 comments:

  1. Great combination of fabrics. Your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful! Aren't we lucky (and our friends) that we can make such lovely gifts? Great colours in this.

    ReplyDelete